Semi-official correspondence between New York and Hong Kong, London and Shanghai, 1932-1939
Scope and Contents
Semi-official correspondence between Balfour, Guthrie & Co. Ltd, New York, and Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong and Shanghai, and Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, with enclosed letters and papers. The correspondents are B.D.F. Beith, D.G.M. Bernard, A. Davidson, J.H. Keswick, W.J. Keswick, D.F. Landale, J.J. Paterson, A.B. Stewart and C.E. Thompson.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
2 volume(s) (2 volumes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, June 1990.
Former reference: J12
- Balfour, Guthrie and Co Ltd
- Beith, Benjamin David Fleming, 1884-1960 (businessman)
- Bernard, Sir Dallas Gerald Mercer, 1888-1975 (1st Baronet, businessman)
- Keswick, Sir John Henry, 1906-1982 (Knight, businessman)
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman)
- Landale, David Fortune, 1905-1970 (businessman)
- Paterson, John Johnstone, 1886-1971 (businessman)
- Stewart, Allan Brown, c 1888-1940 (businessman)
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org