Semi-official and private correspondence between New York and Hong Kong, London and Shanghai, 1930-1933
Scope and Contents
Semi-official and private correspondence between Jardine Matheson, New York, and Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong and Shanghai, and Matheson & Co., London, with enclosed letters and papers. There are also copies of telegrams exchanged by Jardine Matheson, New York, with Jardine Matheson, Shanghai, and Matheson & Co. Ltd, London. The correspondents are R.M. Austin, B.D.F. Beith, D.G.M. Bernard, L.N. Leefe, A.H. Merriles, J.J. Paterson and H.F. Scudamore.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
2 volume(s) (2 volumes)
Language of Materials
Former reference: J11
- Austin, Reginald Mein, 1888-1934 (businessman)
- Beith, Benjamin David Fleming, 1884-1960 (businessman)
- Bernard, Sir Dallas Gerald Mercer, 1888-1975 (1st Baronet, businessman)
- Leefe, Lawrence Noel, 1872-1951 (businessman)
- Merriles, Alexander Horsburgh, 1887-1953 (businessman)
- Paterson, John Johnstone, 1886-1971 (businessman)
- Scudamore, Herbert Fawckner, d 1938 (businessman)