Semi-official and property correspondence between Shanghai and Hankow, 1921-1927
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official correspondence between Jardine Matheson, Hankow and Shanghai, with related letters (including property letters), telegrams and other papers, including Hankow monthly reports and financial statements. The Hankow letters are numbered, but those from Shanghai are not. The correspondents include R.M. Austin, G.S. Aveyard, B.D.F. Beith, Cedric C. Boyd, W.S. Dupree, John Johnstone, J.F. Owen, J.J. Paterson, Andrew Ross, A. Brooke Smith and J.C. Taylor.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
7 volume(s) (7 volumes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, June 1990.
Former reference: J27
- Austin, Reginald Mein, 1888-1934 (businessman)
- Aveyard, George Shaw, d 1929
- Beith, Benjamin David Fleming, 1884-1960 (businessman)
- Dupree, William Sherlock, 1881-1975 (businessman)
- Jameson, George Moncrieff, b c 1890
- Johnstone, John, 1881-1935 (businessman)
- Owen, John Featherstone, b 1889 (businessman)
- Paterson, John Johnstone, 1886-1971 (businessman)
- Ross, Andrew, b 1877 (businessman)
- Smith, Alfred Brooke, 1874-1938 (businessman)
- Taylor, John Cameron, 1890-1950 (businessman)