Semi-official letters from Hong Kong to New York, 1890-1913
Scope and Contents
Original unnumbered semi-official letters from Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, to Jardine Matheson, New York, with enclosed letters and papers. The correspondents include E.A. Alford, C.E. Anton, J.J. Bell-Irving, C.W. Dickson, W.J. Gresson, Henry Keswick, J.J. Keswick, David Landale, G.L. Montgomery, A.R. Riddle, C.H. Ross and C.D. Walker.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
2 volume(s) (2 volumes)
Language of Materials
- Anton, Charles Edward, d 1935 (businessman)
- Dickson, Charles Wedderburn, 1863-1934 (merchant)
- Gresson, William Jardine, 1869-1934 (businessman)
- Irving, James Jardine Bell-, 1857-1936 (businessman)
- Keswick, Henry, 1870-1928 (businessman)
- Keswick, James Johnstone, 1845-1914 (merchant)
- Landale, David, 1868-1935 (businessman)
- Ross, Charles Henderson, 1864-1919 (businessman)