Scope and Contents
The Macclesfield Collection principally comprises the archives of John Collins (1625-1683) and William Jones (1675-1749). As well as being mathematicians in their own right, both men corresponded with leading scientific figures of their day and so the collection includes autograph material by Isaac Newton, Edmond Halley, Henry Briggs, Roger Cotes, Henry Oldenburg and Robert Hooke.
Conditions Governing Access
Please enquire at the Manuscripts Reading Room desk if you would like to view items from the Macclesfield Collection.
Language of Materials
- From the Fonds: Parker, George, 1697-1764 (2nd Earl of Macclesfield and astronomer) (Person)
- Box: MS Add.9597/11/1-14: Box 25 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: MS Add.9597/11/15-41, 43-46, 48-51: Box 26 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: MS Add.9597/11/42, 47: Box 27 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: MS Add.9597/11/52-57: Box 28 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: MS Add.9597/11/58079: Box 29 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: MS Add.9597/11/80-90: Box 30 (Mixed Materials)