Order to Pay £125 to Flamsteed for his First Catalogue of Fixed Stars, c 1705-c 1715
Scope and Contents
The Portsmouth Collection is the principal collection of Isaac Newton's scientific and mathematical papers, including early drafts of the Principia, and his correspondence with Oldenburg, Halley Flamsteed and many of the other most prominent scientists of his day.
- c 1705-c 1715
Conditions Governing Access
Due to the fragile nature of the material access to the collection is restricted. It is available to view in the Cambridge University Digital Library at https://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/collections/newton/1 with the exception of MS.Add.4007, which is open for consultation by holders of a Reader's Ticket valid for the Manuscripts Reading Room.
2 folio(s) (ff.2 [folio] paper) : paper
Language of Materials
- Arbuthnot, John, ? 1667-1735 (physician and satirist)
- Flamsteed, John, 1646-1719 (astronomer)
- Gregory, David, 1659-1708 (astronomer and mathematician)
- Referees of 'Historia Coelestis Britannica'
- Robartes, Francis, 1650-1718 (politician and natural philosopher)
- Wren, Sir Christopher, 1632-1723 (Knight, architect, mathematician and astronomer)