Skip to main content

Broughton's Pass Weir overflowing, 1915

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3086I/2

Scope and Contents

289 x 238 mm. A view looking down on the weir, with two men in the foreground watching the river. The weir, on the Cataract River, was built as a result of a Commission's recommendation in 1867, and in order to turn the intermingled waters of the four streams into a 36 mile conduit consisting of a series of tunnels, open canals and aqueducts.


  • Creation: 1915

Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (

Language of Materials


Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements

Poor condition, considerable yellowing and some dirt stains.



Date information

DateText: The date is approximate..

Finding aid date

2003-07-25 12:31:16+00:00

Includes index.

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom