Skip to main content

Raff’s sugar plantation, Morayfield, 1873

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3085A/6

Scope and Contents

205 x 150 mm. View showing sugar plantation on right and sheds, still in the process of being built, on the left, with the river in the background. The picture has been taken from the roof of one of the sheds (which can be seen at bottom of picture), and this gives an aerial sense of perspective. The date of this picture is at the height of the expansion of the sugar industry in Queensland, sugar being first manufactured near the Hastings River in 1823.


  • Creation: 1873


Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (

Language of Materials


Finding aid date

2012-10-11 14:38:34+00:00

Includes index.

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom