Fire in St John’s Newfoundland, November 1908, 1908-11
Scope and Contents
The main part of the principal building of Messrs. Baird, Gordon and Co’s fish warehouse in Water St after the fire had been extinguished. This photograph was taken by the Rev. James Bell, and published in the ‘Daily Graphic’ on 12th November 1908. (See cutting and remittance advice inserted in album.) Fires have often caused severe damage to St John’s. The worst of these was in July 1892.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
Finding aid date