Skip to main content

Kulangsu, Amoy [c 1900], 1900

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y30377C/29

Scope and Contents

257 x 208 mm. View from a hill on the small island of Kulangsu looking down on the town and across the bay towards the town of Amoy itself. The town of Amoy is situated on the south west corner of Amoy Island, with Kulangsu Island in the bay facing the town. Kulangsu was first occupied by a British garrison in 1842, but was not made an international settlement until 1903.


  • Creation: 1900

Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (

Language of Materials


Date information

DateText: The date is approximate..

Finding aid date

2012-09-18 16:44:53+00:00

Includes index.

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom