The New English Church etc. from the Tower of Hippicus, Jerusalem, 1857
Scope and Contents
235 x 158 mm. A view of the houses in the town and hills in the distance behind the church. The commentary reads: 'The annexed view exhibits one of the most interesting modern structures which claim the attention of the English visitor in Jerusalem: it is the Protestant Episcopal Church, with the British Consul's residence on the left and that of the mission on the right ... The interior, as well as the exterior of the church, is in the simplest and plainest style of Gothic architecture, and is used in common by English and German Episcopalians ...'
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Fair condition, slight overall fading.
Existence and Location of Copies
Frith, Francis, 1822-1898, photographer
Finding aid date
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
all other enquiries: email@example.com