[Visit of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to Bermuda, 24-25 November 1953], 1953-11-24 - 1953-11-25
Scope and Contents
The caption on the reverse of the print reads: 'The arrival: The royal couple alight from British Overseas Airways 'Canopus' and are greeted by his Excellency the Governor, Lieutenant General Sir Alexander Hood. At left are Lady Hood, Miss Rosemary Hood, and Wing-Commander John Fountain; at right, Wing-Commander E. M. Ware'. The print is also annotated on the reverse with the reference 'ER-1'.
Note: the last name in this caption has been scored out, it is unclear by whom.
- 1953-11-24 - 1953-11-25
- Bermuda News Bureau (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Bermuda News Bureau
Finding aid date
- Bermuda (dependent state)
- Elizabeth, II, 1926 (Queen of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
- Europe (continent)
- Hood, Sir (Alexander, 1888-1980, Knight, Lieutenant General, Governor of Bermuda)
- North and Central America (continent)
- Philip, b, 1921 (Duke of Edinburgh, consort of Queen Elizabeth II)
- United Kingdom (nation)