A science class doing an examination paper, 1940 - 1949
Scope and Contents
Makerere was opened by the Government as a technical school in 1922, and two years later a class for training medical assistants was added. In 1926 responsibility for technical training transferred from Makerere to the Kampala Training College and Makerere became a general training college. A commission of inquiry into education in East Africa recommended in 1937 that steps should be taken to transform Makerere into a college of higher education and in 1950 Makerere became a university college, with external degrees awarded by London University.
- 1940 - 1949
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Former / Other Reference
DateText: Dated '1940s' in the original typescript catalogue..
Finding aid date