Skip to main content

Obinofia. Village centre, 1940 - 1949

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3011U/21

Scope and Contents

The typewritten caption on the reverse reads 'All the men women and children turned out to clear this site. Car has come by a 2 mile road built by voluntary labour. In background: improved latrines, machinery shed, co-op shop under construction. In foreground: foundations of village reading room'. The pencilled annotation has the following additional information 'this road goes another 12 miles to Obinofia Ndiagu (an offshoot of Obinofia [sic]'.


  • Creation: 1940 - 1949

Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (

Language of Materials


Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements

Good condition, holed where previously pinned.



Date information

DateText: Dated '1940s' in the original typescript catalogue..



Finding aid date

2003-10-23 09:22:44+00:00

Includes index.

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom