The Cathedral, 1912
Scope and Contents
278 x 200 mm. A view from the road looking up towards the twin-towered west façade of the Cathedral of St. John's, Antigua. The building replaces the earlier church which was destroyed by an earthquake in 1843. The corner stone of the later building was laid in 1845 and the cathedral opened for worship in 1847 although not completed until the following year.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Existence and Location of Copies
DateText: The date is approximate..
Finding aid date
- From the Fonds: Bell, Sir (Henry Hesketh Joudou, 1864-1952, Knight, colonial governor) (Person)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org