Ureparapara - George Nara’s school (outside the crater), 1892
Scope and Contents
205 x 151 mm. A view looking along the village street towards the school, in front of which a group of natives are standing. Ureparapara, the most northern of the Banks Islands, was also known as Blight Island and the Melanesian Mission ran two schools there, one situated inside, and one outside the crater of this extinct volcanic island.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Fair condition, fading in from edges.
Existence and Location of Originals
To view this image:
Finding aid date