Avenue, Bishop's Court, near Cape Town, 1888
Scope and Contents
192 x 126 mm. A view looking along an avenue of fir trees at Bishop's Court, a farm and vineyard between Kirstenbosch and Claremont originally named Bosheuval. Bought by Bishop Gray in 1848, it was planned to use the house for a school and was so employed until 1851 when the Collegiate School moved to Woodlands at Rondebosch.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Finding aid date