Skip to main content

Commandant’s quarters, Slave Island from Galle Face [historic title], 1875

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y303B/38

Scope and Contents

206 x 155 mm. View looking east from Galle Face towards the narrow northern portion of the Island, with the main part of the lake beyond. The commandants’ quarters (exact location unidentified, but presumably near the old Parade Ground) are a set of two large bungalows connected by a narrow wing in which the main entrance is set.


  • Creation: 1875

Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (

Language of Materials


Date information

DateText: The date is approximate..

Finding aid date

2014-06-18 15:08:07+00:00

Includes index.

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom