Assembly Rooms (Club), Galle Face, Colombo, 1875
Scope and Contents
209 x 151 mm. View, probably taken from the Military Hospital, looking south along the Galle Face, towards the Colombo Club. Formerly the Assembly Rooms, a ‘popular public and Society rendezvous in Colombo’ (Wright, op. cit, p 419), the Colombo Club used its premises from its foundation in 1871. It was also used as a grand stand during the racing season, the track running along the Galle Face north to south between the Club house and the sea.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
DateText: The date is approximate..
Finding aid date
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org