St Nicholas, Nicosia, 1878
Scope and Contents
175 x 114 mm. Autotype. A view showing the elaborate entrance to the church with a few Cypriots around the doorway: 'Hard by the Cathedral of St Sophia stands a church once dedicated to St. Nicholas, but now used as a granary, whose richly-sculptured portal, the subject of this photograph, is one of the finest examples of its kind in Cyprus' (Thomson 1879, vol.1, p.15). The building, in a sad state of disrepair in this photograph, has now been completely demolished.
Conditions Governing Access
The volume is located at: RCS.Cob.18.121.
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Existence and Location of Copies
Finding aid date