Miscellaneous correspondence, 1891 - 1895
Scope and Contents
Miscellaneous correspondence of David Gill divided into sections by correspondent: Professor Bakhuyzen, L. de Ball, Miss A.M. Clerke, Ralph Copeland, J.L.E. Dreyer, Gylden, Robert Fleur, William Huggins, Harold Jacobi, S. Newcomb, W.E. Plummer, E.D. Preston, A.A. Rambaut, A.W. Roberts, Dr Isaac Roberts, Professor Safford, L. Schulhof, Professor Michie Smith, C. Piazzi Smyth, E.J. Struve, John Tebbutt, J.M. Thome, D.P. Todd, Professor H.H. Turner and H.C. Vogel.
- 1891 - 1895
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 volume(s) (1 volume)
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
This volume is badly damaged and can only be accessed on special request. It must be handled with the help of a conservator. Some of the correspondence is virtually unreadable.
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
- Bakhuyzen, Hendricus Gerardus van de Sande, 1838 - 1923 (astronomer)
- Clerke, Agnes Mary, 1842 - 1907 (writer on astronomy)
- Dreyer, John Louis Emile, 1852 - 1926 (astronomer)
- Gill, David, Sir, 1843 - 1914 (Knight, astronomer)
- Huggins, William, Sir, 1824 - 1910 (Knight, astronomer)
- Newcomb, Simon, 1835 - 1909 (astronomer)
- Rambaut, Arthur Alcock, 1857 - 1923 (astronomer)
- Smyth, Charles Piazzi, 1819 - 1900 (astronomer)
- Turner, Herbert Hall, 1861 - 1930 (astronomer and seismologist)