Test Development and Research Unit (TDRU), 1970 - 1990
Scope and Contents
These records consist largely of reports produced by TDRU staff commissioned by the three boards.
- 1970 - 1990
Biographical / Historical
The Test Development and Research Unit was formed in 1968 jointly funded by UCLES, the Oxford Delegacy of Local Examinations and the Oxford and Cambridge Schools Examination Board.
The only Director of TDRU was Dr D Shoesmith who retired when the Unit closed in 1983. Some of the Research staff continued to work on research projects for UCLES, OCSEB or UODLE and the following records were deposited by Jean Martin, formerly Dr Shoesmith’s Secretary, on her retirement in 1999. Although some of the Reports were produced after the Unit closed all were included in the original deposit of TDRU records and are Research related.
29 archive box(es) : Paper
Language of Materials
Finding aid date
- From the Management Group: University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (1857-2021) (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge Assessment Archives & Heritage Repository
Cambridge Assessment Archives & Heritage
The Triangle Building
Cambridge CB2 8EA United Kingdom
+44 (0)1223 553298