Freundlich, Erwin Finlay, 1885-1964 (astronomer)
- Existence: 1885 - 1964
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Reference Code: GBR/0012/MS Add.8726/C.37-C.60
Scope and Contents At the end of the Second World War, St Andrews decided to equip its new Observatory (built 1939-40) with a 30 - 36-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and Linfoot accepted an invitation to take charge of the theoretical-optical side of the project as temporary external collaborator. The material is principally Linfoot's correspondence with the Observatory's first Director, E. Finlay-Freundlich, and the Instrument-maker to the Observatory, R.L. Waland. There are also Linfoot's MS notes and...
Conditions Governing Access: From the Fonds: Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).