Reference Code: GBR/0180/RGO 6/157
Scope and Contents
Correspondence on the installation of the Duke of Northumberland's telescope at the University Observatory, Cambridge. The letters covers the initial purchase of the telescope, the refinements made to it, the construction of a new dome to house it, its mounting and its installation. The correspondents include the Duke of Northumberland, Sir F. Beaufort, J. Challis, E.J. Cooper, J. Glaisher, J.F.W. Herschel and many builders and instrument makers. There are various sketches and plans, as well...
1833 - 1841
Conditions Governing Access:
From the Management Group:
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).