Skip to main content

Cambridge University Libraries are providing a blend of online and controlled in-person services. Please see our website for more details.

lease

 Subject
Subject Source: Local sources

Found in 864 Collections and/or Records:

 Item

21 year lease of Tilton Farm House, 1926-02-24

Reference Code: GBR/0272/JMK/TH/2
Scope and Contents

Record of the lease by Henry Rainald, Viscount Gage, to J.M. Keynes.

Dates: 1926-02-24
 File

Agreement for Holt and Dry Holt for 7 years from Lady Day 1750., 1753-06-25

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/04/1/164
Scope and Contents

Lease for seven years at an annual rent of £2 10s, with provisoes about lopping, replacing dead trees, etc.
Witnesses: William Harwood; William Kidd

Dates: 1753-06-25
 File

Agreement for Holt and Dry Holt for 7 years from Lady Day 1750; signed by John Patman, 1750-07-20

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/04/1/163
Scope and Contents

Lease for seven years at an annual rent of £2 10s, with provisoes about lopping, replacing dead trees, etc.
Witnesses: Jacob Goddard; William Harwood.

Dates: 1750-07-20
 File

Assignment of remainder of lease to John Harwood, 1723-12-27

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/09/128
Scope and Contents From the Fonds:

Nos X 16 to 99 not used

Dates: 1723-12-27
 Item

Assignment to William Kent of lease of an adjoining tenement, 1469-01-04

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/11/3(10)
Scope and Contents

The tenement lies between the tenements lately belonging to Thomas Jacob and at one time to Thomas Morice (N) and the highway leading 'ad parvos pontes' (S) and abuts (E) on a tenement of the said Thomas Neel and (W) on a tenement of the late Henry Simson, held for 60 years from Cecilia Lovell, relict of Thomas Lovell, at an annual rent of 6s 8d.
Witnesses: Robert Coope, mayor; John Hundredthyear; John Erlych; Thomas Ditch; John Say, bailiff

Dates: 1469-01-04
 File

Attested copy of lease for one year to the devisees in trust under the will of the Rev. Richard Rouse Bloxam, D.D., of lands in Elmington with a view to a transfer of uses to possession., 1841-03-10

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/N5/99
Scope and Contents From the Fonds: The estate was purchased by Dr John Spencer, Master 1667-93, in 1687 for £3600, with an annual value of £200, and settled by Deed of Gift on the College for the augmentation of the Mastership, Fellowships, Scholarships and various other purposes.(see Masters, Appendix no. LIII (pp. 79-80).It was sold in 1929 for £3425 (Bury, p. 165).The two items under 43 have been reclassified as 39a and 40c.No. 60, which relates to St Bene't's parish has been reassigned to XVIII 237.41. Nos 68...
Dates: 1841-03-10
 File

Attested copy of lease to George Crawley of Whitehall Place of property as in 95a for one year with a view to transferring uses to possession., 1839-11-04

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/N5/97
Scope and Contents From the Fonds: The estate was purchased by Dr John Spencer, Master 1667-93, in 1687 for £3600, with an annual value of £200, and settled by Deed of Gift on the College for the augmentation of the Mastership, Fellowships, Scholarships and various other purposes.(see Masters, Appendix no. LIII (pp. 79-80).It was sold in 1929 for £3425 (Bury, p. 165).The two items under 43 have been reclassified as 39a and 40c.No. 60, which relates to St Bene't's parish has been reassigned to XVIII 237.41. Nos 68...
Dates: 1839-11-04
 File

Attested copy of lease to the Rev. Henry Handley Norris of Hackney, Maria Stephens of Hackney, widow and her son John of a close in Elmington, etc., with a view to transferring uses to possession., 1828-03-19

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/N5/95
Scope and Contents From the Fonds: The estate was purchased by Dr John Spencer, Master 1667-93, in 1687 for £3600, with an annual value of £200, and settled by Deed of Gift on the College for the augmentation of the Mastership, Fellowships, Scholarships and various other purposes.(see Masters, Appendix no. LIII (pp. 79-80).It was sold in 1929 for £3425 (Bury, p. 165).The two items under 43 have been reclassified as 39a and 40c.No. 60, which relates to St Bene't's parish has been reassigned to XVIII 237.41. Nos 68...
Dates: 1828-03-19
 Item

Attested copy of lease to Thomas Whittred of Newnham, gent, and John Haggerston, gent., of a piece of ground in Penny Farthing lane at an annual rent of 10s., 1793-04-30

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/11/112
Scope and Contents

The piece of ground (dimensions given) lies behind the houses formerly occupied by Deborah Sparke (as in 107-8) and now in the occupation of Whittred and Haggerston

Dates: 1793-04-30
 Item

Carbon copy of 250, 1790-07-14

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/18/250a
Scope and Contents From the File: The property is defined as a messuage or tenement at Spittalhouse end fronting next the highway leading towards Trumpington sometime called . . . the Baiting Bull and afterwards called or known by the name or sign of the Haymakers with the Outhouses Yard Orchard and Garden ground thereunto belonging . . . Formerly in the tenure . . . of Joseph Lyon since of John Rich and now of the said Joseph Finch . . AND ALSO all those two other messuages . . . near adjoining to the former fronting also...
Dates: 1790-07-14
 Item

Coiunterpart, 1812-04-06

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/11/121(2)
Scope and Contents From the Fonds:

A note by G. A. Wise, dated 12 Sept. 1936. 'on the cataloguing of the deeds of St Botolph parish' analyses the sub-groups 1 to 8; 9 consists of miscellaneous deeds in chronological order. XII 97 and 98 relate to the parish of Over and are listed there.

Dates: 1812-04-06
 File

Copy of an attested copy of lease to Joseph Finch, ironmonger and merchant, for 999 years from Lady Day 1790 for £150 with an annual rent of £3 for the benefit of the nearby almshouses. 4d receipt money., 1790-07-14

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/18/250
Scope and Contents The property is defined as a messuage or tenement at Spittalhouse end fronting next the highway leading towards Trumpington sometime called . . . the Baiting Bull and afterwards called or known by the name or sign of the Haymakers with the Outhouses Yard Orchard and Garden ground thereunto belonging . . . Formerly in the tenure . . . of Joseph Lyon since of John Rich and now of the said Joseph Finch . . AND ALSO all those two other messuages . . . near adjoining to the former fronting also...
Dates: 1790-07-14
 File

Copy of conveyance toi Ralph Wilkinson, M.D., for £20 of a yard previously leased to Henry Walker, M.D. [see 09/07/59, VIII 11]., 1584-09-14

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/07/62L
Scope and Contents

The property is now decribed as lying between part of a lane once called Alwynes Lane, now enclosed to a tenement called the King's Head, lately of Henry Walker, S., and the college tenement lately alienated to Christopher Waters, alias Staffold, N., and abuts W. on a garden lately of Henry Walker and E. on an enclosurre (conclave) of Christopher Waters alias Staffold. Dimensions given.
With copy of the college's bond to save Wilkinson harmless.

Dates: 1584-09-14
 Item

Copy of counterpart of lease to Anthony Parsons of Stoke under Handry, Somerset, of the rectory of East Chinnock for 21 years from Michaelmas last, and of Parsons' bond to perform covenants., 1601-10-01

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/N2/5h
Scope and Contents

Note on dorse that 'the originall whereof together with all other writings whatsoever concerning East chinocke parsonage are in the handes of Mr Auditor Gofton in Red Cross Street in London'.

Dates: 1601-10-01
 Item

Copy of first part of a lease to William Norgate of lands, etc., in Landbeach, term and rent not stated., 1580-02-11

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/35/119D
Scope and Contents The premises comprise a barn with a yard on either side called the hall yard, a yard c alled the cow yard or wood yard with all houses built thereon, a pasture called Maiden Crofts or Woodcrofts, 17½ acres of arablein Scatchbow leys, 20 acres of demesne lands called Meane Land with 50' and ½ an acre in Frith Fen, 15 acres called Cookfenbs land with 2 acres in Frith Fen, with all commodities, easements, etc., a pasture called the Close at the Town's End near to the Prior's Close, a yard or...
Dates: 1580-02-11
 Item

Copy of lease from Elizabeth I to William Beswick, William Tenche, Nicholas Barry, Richard Venables and Henry Smyth of the rectory and parish church of St Lawrence Pountney for 21 years from Lady Day 1582 at an annual rent of £4 6s 9d., 1582-05-12

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09L/H 1
Scope and Contents From the Series: The rectory of St Mary Abchurch was procured by Archbishop Parker from the Queen, in exchange for the rectory of Penshurst, Kent. After the fire of London in 1666, when both churches were destroyed, the curacy of St Lawrence Pountney was annexed to it. Prior to the dissolution both were in the hands of the Master and Chaplains of the College of Jesus and Corpus Christi near the church of St Lawrence Pountney.For a brief account of St Mary Abchurch church, see...
Dates: 1582-05-12
 Item

Copy of lease, on surrender of a former lease to Stephen Wallis, burgess, to John Humbletart for 40 years at an annual rent of 40s and 2 good fat rabbits., 1609-05-05

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/12/25.m
Scope and Contents

The tenement, in which Humbletart now lives, has neighbours now defined as a tenement of St John's College in the tenure of Anthony Harrison, stationer, S., a tenement of Trinity College in the occupation of Lancelot Sewell, tailor, N., Trinity College, W., and High Ward Street, E.
With note of bond in £20 to perform covenants.

Dates: 1609-05-05
 File

Copy of lease to Andrew Chapman, joiner, of a tenement as in 09/07/58 for 40 years at an annual rent of 7s and 2 fat hens at audit time., 1594-05-04

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/07/62M
Scope and Contents

The neighbours are now defined as a tenement of St John's College called the Green Dragon, wherein William Elbrough dwells, N., a tenement sometime belonging to Trinity Hall called The Star, now inhabited by Martin Wharton, S., the King's Ditch, E. and the road leading to the great bridge, W.
With note of bond in £10 to perform covenants.

Dates: 1594-05-04
 Item

Copy of lease to Andrew Chapman, joiner, of The Christopher, now occupied by Joan Hayes, widow, and the tenement adjoining on the N. for 40 years at an annual rent of 50s and 2 fat rabbits at audit time., 1609-05-05

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/11/101J
Scope and Contents

The lease recites an earlier lease of the same property to Thomas Mead, late of Ludham, Norfolk, dated 22 April 1606, and the involvement of Robert Gell, who built the tenement to the S. of The Christopher, also leased to Mead.
With note of bond in £10 to perform covenants.

Dates: 1609-05-05

The UK Archival Thesaurus has been integrated with our catalogue, thanks to Kings College London and the AIM25 project for their support with this.