Skip to main content

Cerigo (island)

Subject Source: Local sources

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:


Misc 1, Cerigo - England, 1802 - 1803

Reference Code: GBR/3437/WMLK/4/1
Scope and Contents

N. B. The title by Leake is as inscribed on the cover but at the rear, the notebook has been inverted and a different travelogue recorded by him, beginning at Alexandria, continuing via Balbek, Damascus, Homs, Hama, Aleppo, then to Rhodes and on to Athens.
Includes pencil sketches of Mycenae’s Lion Gate and tholos tomb (Treasury of Atreus).
Cerigo is known today as Kythira.

Dates: Other: 1802 - 1803

The castle and town of Cerico and port of Cerico-Kaspali, 1940 - 1970

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y30193B/2
Scope and Contents

This is reproduced from No. 20 of Edward Lear, 'Views in the Seven Ionian Islands' (London, 1863).

Dates: 1940 - 1970
Conditions Governing Access: From the Fonds: Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (