Saint George (local council)
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
317 x 243 mm. A view looking over hilly, wooded country, dotted here and there with houses. Annandale Estate, at this period having an acreage of 1150 acres and situated about 5 miles north-east of St George's, was the largest of the Grenadan estates and produced cocoa, spices and coffee.
316 x 219 mm. A view looking down from the hills above the town towards the promontory on which stands Fort St George, and beyond it the narrow entrance to the inland harbour with the Quarantine Station and Point Saline in the distance.
212 x 157 mm. A view looking up towards the ramparts of the Richmond Hill Fort which looks over St George's from a height of 800 feet and was formerly the headquarters of the military garrison. On the flat ground beneath the fort a cricket match is in progress.
209 x 154 mm. A view looking down from a hillside and showing part of the harbour and town. Fort Saint George, built in the early years of the eighteenth century, stands on a small peninsula, which guards the entrance to the inland harbour (not visible in this photograph).
306 x 249 mm. A fine view showing Grenadians in the market square selling their produce, with houses on the rising land in the background.
317 x 217 mm. A view looking towards St George's and the sea from Mount Helicon which lies to the east of the town. Government House can be seen among the woods in the background at the right of the photograph.
317 x 231 mm. A view showing the entrance to St George's Harbour from the south-east, with the roadstead in the middle-ground of the picture and Fort St George and the town beyond. In the foreground are the grounds of the Botanical Gardens, created in 1886.