Sydney (inhabited place)
Found in 528 Collections and/or Records:
A view showing four men on a road in the park, with W.D. second from the right.
A view showing four men standing on a wooden jetty with WD on the right.
Also described as: 'The Roaring Forties and Australia 1908'.
A view from the ship showing part of the Circular Quay, with Tiser's Wharf at the right.
A view showing the statue of Captain Cook in Hyde Park, erected in 1879.
A view showing the 'Mersey', a three-masted sailing vessel, moored to a wharf in Sydney Harbour.
A view looking east from the Botanic Gardens towards a ship anchored in Woolloomooloo Bay.
A view from the Botanic Gardens looking towards a sailing ship moored on the far side of Woolloomooloo Bay.
A view looking across Woolloomooloo Bay towards wharves on the far side.
266 x 216 mm. View looking across George Street towards the east façade of the Bank of Australasia, designed in classical style by Edmund Blacket in 1857-58. The Jamieson Street corner is in the left foreground. The building is of three storeys and five bays, with a rusticated ground floor and quoins, and with pediments above the arched windows on the first floor. The premises of George Loxton and Co. (? printers), can be seen to the north towards the junction with Charlotte Place.
282 x 209 mm. View looking up along the south side of Bathurst Street, from the junction of Bathurst Street and Sussex Street. In the right foreground at 295 Sussex Street, at the junction with Bathurst Street, is the independent Methodist Chapel, a two storey brick building with stepped gables facing onto Bathurst Street. Further down the street is the small Kerosene Oil Depot.
264 x 210 mm. View from the junction of Bathurst Street and Sussex Street looking west, with the southernmost tip of Darling Harbour visible at the end of the street. In the left foreground on the corner is Reuben C. Jacobs' Robert Burns Hotel and, a few doors down along Bathurst Street, the premises of John Phillips and Co., coal and wood merchants and contractors.
286 x 211 mm. View looking up along Bathurst Street West from an unidentified junction. In the right foreground on the corner is William Lang's Sir Walter Scott Hotel and a few doors up, John Harkness's Bell Foundry.
190 x 140 mm. A view in the Northern part of the gardens with lawns, paths and statues, looking over towards Farm Cove and Macquarie Point in the background. With shipping in the harbour.
190 x 140 mm. A view of one of the small lakes in the centre of the gardens, with a small bridge.