Belize City (inhabited place)
Found in 25 Collections and/or Records:
128 x 101 mm. Showing crowds of Hondurans on the swing bridge over Haulover Creek, Belize City. On the far side of the creek lies Queen Street with the Paslow Building at the right (in which are housed various government departments and the Post Office).
138 x 202 mm. Street scene in Belize City.
127 x 101 mm. A view looking across the river with boats in the foreground, towards the Court House and Church.
163 x 114 mm. Showing children dressed in white on the lawn of Government House during a parade to celebrate the coronation of George V.
126 x 101 mm. Showing a procession and band moving along a Belize City street. The spire of the Presbyterian Church can be seen in the background.
127 x 101 mm. Showing the scene in the square behind the Court House during the coronation celebrations for King George V. A guard of honour stands in the square surrounded by crowds as the Union Jack is raised. On a platform erected at the rear of the Court House stands the Governor, Sir Eric John Eagles Swayne (1863-1929, Governor of British Honduras 1906-13) with other dignitaries.
127 x 101 mm. A view from further away than the two preceding plates. Showing the crowd in the square and the guard of honour as the Governor, bareheaded, reads an address.
127 x 101 mm. Showing a march past of the military band at the end of the coronation celebrations.
127 x 101 mm. A view from the same location as the preceding plate showing the guard of honour firing a feu-de-joie after the flag has been fully raised.
107 x 56 mm. A postcard (original photograph) showing the Belize City Court House with rows of flags hanging from the flagpole in front of the building. The reverse of the card is used for a brief note regarding a subscription fee (signature of writer illegible).
127 x 101 mm. Showing the Court House decorated with flags and bunting and a message reading 'God Bless Our King and Queen'.
137 x 87 mm. A postcard (original photograph) by Avery showing crowds of school children and others on the lawn of Government House, with a marching band entering the foreground of the picture. Government House looks on to the Belize City waterfront which can be seen in the background.
127 x 101 mm. Showing a procession crossing the Haulover Creek bridge, presumably at some time during the Coronation celebrations of 1911.
127 x 101 mm. Showing the stone building of the Belize Medical Offices with the quarantine department at the left of the building.
127 x 101 mm. A view looking across the Belize River towards the Court House which lies near the river mouth. The building seen here was destroyed by fire in 1918 and replaced by a building of similar though more ornate design on the same site (built 1923 - 1926).
101 x 114 mm. Showing a decorated mahogany arch in a Belize Street built in celebration of the coronation of George V. The spire of the Presbyterian Church can be seen in the background.
127 x 101 mm. Showing an unidentified part of the waterfront at Belize City with buildings in the background and a young boy facing the camera in the foreground.
127 x 101 mm. Showing the 'International Hotel' in Belize City, a three-storey wooden frame building with verandahs.
127 x 101 mm. A view looking along the narrow grass-lined road, lined with palm trees and wooden framed domestic houses, with the junction with Cockburn's Lane at the left of the photograph.
Showing offices on left, of 'United Fruit Co', Belize [i.e. Belize City], B. Hon. [i.e. British Honduras] [signed] Avery, 1911
139 x 88 mm. A postcard (original photograph) by Avery looking across the Belize River to the 'United Fruit Co' buildings; with boats in the foreground.
127 x 101 mm. Showing houses on the foreshore in Belize City with small fishing boats in the foreground.
101 x 77 mm. Showing the rather squat Cathedral buildings. Consecrated in 1812, and situated behind Government House at the southern end of Belize City, St. John's was the first Protestant Church in Central America. The church has its place in the traditional friendship between the English and the Mosquito Indians, who helped in the struggle against the Spanish. After 1816, several of the Mosquito kings were crowned in the Cathedral.
153 x 110 mm. Showing crowds in their best clothes walking beside the race track on Race Day.
390 x 80 mm. A roughly joined panorama of the south side of Belize City consisting of three prints. The view extends to the harbour frontage at the left of the picture and shows a small part of the north side of the city at the right. In the centre of the picture can be seen the original Court House and the Presbyterian Church.
127 x 101 mm. Showing part of the canal which runs from Haulover Creek through the southern section of Belize City, with children standing on a small wooden bridge and a European woman in in the foreground.