Skip to main content

Cambridge University Libraries are providing a blend of online and controlled in-person services. Please see our website for more details.

Nicosia (inhabited place)

 Subject
Subject Source: Local sources

Found in 57 Collections and/or Records:

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
 Item

The Shoemakers Bazaar, Nicosia, 1908

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Fisher 8/1194
Scope and Contents

Quarter-plate.

Dates: 1908
Conditions Governing Access: From the Fonds: Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact mss@lib.cam.ac.uk. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
 Item

The Shoemakers Bazaar, Nicosia, 1908

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Fisher 8/1195
Scope and Contents

Quarter-plate.

Dates: 1908
Conditions Governing Access: From the Fonds: Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact mss@lib.cam.ac.uk. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
 Item

View of Nicosia from Paraskevi Hill, 1908

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Fisher 8/1162
Scope and Contents

Half-plate (landscape format). Looking from south-east by south. Shows Cathedral of St. Sophia, Nicosia. On extreme right note church of Kaimakti village : portion of city walls (stone faced): the northern range of hills at back, immediately behind Kaimakti is the hill of Buffavents which has ruins of a castle on top.

Dates: 1908
Conditions Governing Access: From the Fonds: Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact mss@lib.cam.ac.uk. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
 Item

View of Nicosia from Paraskevi Hill, 1908

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Fisher 8/1163
Scope and Contents

Half-plate (landscape format). Looking from south-east by south. Shows Cathedral of St. Sophia, Nicosia. On extreme right note church of Kaimakti village : portion of city walls (stone faced): the northern range of hills at back, immediately behind Kaimakti is the hill of Buffavents which has ruins of a castle on top.

Dates: 1908
Conditions Governing Access: From the Fonds: Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact mss@lib.cam.ac.uk. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
 Item

View of the only remains of the Old Konak, Nicosia., 1900

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3018G/13
Scope and Contents

76 x 97m. Showing the entrance to the Konak, the old 16th-century palace in the north-western part of Nicosia. The rest of the building was destroyed during the British occupation and the building finally pulled down in 1904 to make way for a new palace, courthouse and government offices.

Dates: 1900
Conditions Governing Access: From the Fonds: Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact mss@lib.cam.ac.uk. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
 Item

Ward in the Nicosia Psychiatric Asylum severely damaged by Turkish Air Raid, 1974

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3018J/13
Scope and Contents From the Fonds:

A collection of loose prints. All are 250 x 200 mm unless otherwise stated. There are brief typed captions on the backs of the prints, some of which have been elaborated or amended for this catalogue. Some of the prints are organised by subject: 12 - 19 concern the Turkish invasion and its aftermath; 20-26 are images of people and places; 27-28 concern antiquities.

Dates: 1974
Conditions Governing Access: From the Fonds: Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact mss@lib.cam.ac.uk. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
 Item

West Front, Saint Sophia, Nicosia

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3018E/2
Scope and Contents

150 x 205 mm. A view showing the decorated windows of the west front of the mosque of Saint Sophia, originally a cathedral, but adapted by the Turks as a mosque after the Turkish Conquest of 1570.

Conditions Governing Access: From the Fonds: Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact mss@lib.cam.ac.uk. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

The UK Archival Thesaurus has been integrated with our catalogue, thanks to Kings College London and the AIM25 project for their support with this.