Kuching (inhabited place)
Found in 36 Collections and/or Records:
263 x 207 mm. View looking up the hillside towards St Thomas' Church, Kuching, a small wooden building with bell tower, erected and consecrated in 1851. Photographer unknown, probably G.R. Lambert and Co.
147 x 104 mm. View looking along the Sarawak River towards Fort Margherita on the hillside beyond. [Shelford Plate XXX].
General view of the gaol at Kuching, a complex of whitewashed buildings with a crenellated imitation castle, presumably the Governor's quarters at the left.
146 x 103 mm. Head on view of the main façade of the Sarawak Museum, an ashlar faced two storey (plus attic) building with a verandah running along the first floor between the pavilions at each end. The Museum is entered through an arch running beneath a central flight of steps which mounts to the first floor. The Museum was founded in 1878. [Shelford plate XXIII].
148 x 104 mm. View showing jockeys mounting up in the paddock of the Kuching Race Course. [Shelford plate XXIX].
148 x 103 mm. View looking across a crossroads towards the single storey Police Station.
147 x 104 mm. General view of the Public Offices, a group of single storey buildings with verandahs on all sides carried on whitewashed columns.
147 x 104 mm. View looking towards the square crenelated tower of the guardhouse, with the two storey prison buildings to the right. [Shelford plate XXXII].
View from a boat looking down onto the crowded wharf, with the whitewashed buildings of the gaol in the background.
270 x 185 mm. View looking over the rooftops of Kuching towards the Kuching River, on the further side of which can be seen the Astana of the Raja of Sarawak, a two storey house fronted by a stone entrance in medieval style. On the near side near the river are the Public Offices. Numbered in bottom left hand corner on the negative '576 [376?] - View of Kuching' and blind (oval) stamp in bottom right hand corner 'GR Lambert & Co., Singapore'.
277 x 213 mm. Duplicate of Y3035C/1. Numbered in bottom left hand corner on the negative '568 [368?] - View of Kuching' and blind (oval) stamp in bottom right hand corner 'GR Lambert & Co., Singapore'.