Cape Town (inhabited place)
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
192 x 126 mm. A view looking along an avenue of fir trees at Bishop's Court, a farm and vineyard between Kirstenbosch and Claremont originally named Bosheuval. Bought by Bishop Gray in 1848, it was planned to use the house for a school and was so employed until 1851 when the Collegiate School moved to Woodlands at Rondebosch.
191 x 126 mm. A view looking along the oaklined avenue in the Botanical Gardens with part of the government buildings visible at the left of the print.
193 x 127 mm. Showing the north-east facade of the Houses of Parliament.
192 x 126 mm. A view from north of Cape Town looking westwards towards Table Mountain and the Lion's Head, with the western outskirts of the town visible at the left of the print.