Australia (nation)
Found in 2783 Collections and/or Records:
The Survey Camp from the north-west, 1910
Landscape format.
The Sydney Exchange, 1870 - 1880
210 x 152 mm. A view of the exchange, which stands at the corner of Bridge Street and Gresham Street, taken from Macquarie Place. This sandstone building, designed in the Corinthian manner, was opened in 1857. This photograph shows the building before two more floors were added by A.F. Pritchard. For a photograph of the building with these additions see Y3086K/9.
The Sydney University, 1911
A view of the east front of the main building, with the Great Hall on the right. Built in the Gothic style, and designed by Edmund Blackett, building started in 1854.
The Tamar at Launceston: in distance S.S. Loongana (native for swift) - claims to have been the first turbine steamer south of the line, and now plys tri-weekly from Launceston to Melbourne], 1910-01
[No print]. Missing.
The Thredbo River at Creel, near its junction with the Snowy River, N.S.W, 1910
Landscape format. [Showing rapids and an island in the river with rocky slopes with a few trees beyond].
The Three Sisters, Blue Mountains, 1911
A view looking down on to the rocks, three outcrop which stand over the wooded valley floor. With a man and a woman sitting in the foreground at the cliff edge.
The Three Sisters, Blue Mountains, NSW, 1900 - 1940
A collection of lantern slides of Australia (plus one duplicate). 5-10 are marked 'Commonwealth of Australia' and have serial numbers. 12-22 are marked 'Department of Agriculture and Stock, Brisbane'. The slides' captions have been used as titles and have been recorded as found.
[The Three Sisters, Katoomba], 1885
183 x 114 mm. Print stamped with photographer's name. A view on the cliff edge looking towards the three outcrops of rock, which tower above the densely wooded Jamieson Valley.
The toilers, 1885 - 1890
196 x 150 mm. A view on a dusty country road, showing a horse team pulling a wagon loaded with sacks of wheat, and with foals running beside the team. Negative number 923.
The Town Hall, 1875 - 1883
154 x 207 mm. A view taken from the junction of George Street and Druitt Street, showing the Town Hall, with its large clock tower. Further along George Street a small portion of St Andrew’s Cathedral can be seen. This photograph was taken between 1875 and 1883: in 1875 the main building was completed, and in 1883 work started on the Centennial Hall extension to the Town Hall – no sign of which is visible in this photograph.
The Town Hall, Sydney, 1911
A view of the Town Hall from the junction of Druitt Street and George Street, with the Centennial Hall to the right.
'The Town' (Kingston), from Congress Point, 1885
38 x 160 mm. Frontispiece.
The Township of Walhalla, 1877 - 1879
190 x 126 mm. A view looking along the main street of Walhalla, situated in a valley and surrounded by hills, with mine buildings in the foreground. The Long Tunnel Gold Claim is in the foreground of this photograph.
The Traffic Bridge, Yass, N.S.W [i.e. New South Wales], 1949
Collection of professional photographs, each 90 x 70 mm, published for the Yass Newsagency by the Valentine Publishing Co. Pty. Ltd., Sydney and Melbourne. Yass is 43 miles north of Canberra. Its population in 1947 was 3254.
The tram arriving at Watson's Bay, 1910
[Woman in long skirt and with hat, together with young child in dress and bonnet coming away from the tram seen behind].
The Treasury, 1870 - 1880
189 x 128 mm. A view of the Treasury Buildings situated opposite the entrance to the Inner Domain at the corner of Macquarie and Bridge Street. This ‘handsome and massive building’ (‘Stranger’s Guide to Sydney’) housed the Audit Office as well as the Treasury.
The Treasury, Macquarie Street North, 1870 - 1879
252 x 199 mm. General view of the Treasury buildings at the junction of Bridge Street and Macquarie Street. Designed by Mortimer Lewis and built circa 1849, it is a two storey construction in classical style of ashlared sandstone with rusticated quoins and window surrounds. It is seen here before the addition of the Premier's Office added in the 1890s.
The Treasury, Sydney, 1908
A view of the building from Macquarie Street; built of freestone it was started in 1849, and completed in 1851, during the governorship of Sit Charles Fitzroy and shortly after the first discovery of gold in the Colony.
The Tree Hill seen across the Brisbane River, Brisbane, 1910
Painting only. [No print].
The Tree Hill seen across the Brisbane River, evening, 1910
255 x 355 mm. No print.
The University, 1908
A view of the east front of the main building, with the great hall on the right. Built in the Gothic style, and designed by Edmund Blackett. Building started in 1854.
The University and Museum, 1870 - 1880
183 x 130 mm. A view looking across lawns and the lake towards the university buildings. For a brief history of the university buildings see Y3087D/21.
The University - Main Building, 1915
355 x 280 mm. A view from the south-east of the east façade of the main university building, with part of the Fisher Library visible in the background. The Great Hall is at the right of the building.
The University Main Building, and the Medical School, 1915
355 x 281 mm. A view of the buildings from the Newtown Road, looking over Victoria Park, and showing the east façade of the main building, with the Medical School to the left where building work is in progress.