North and Central America (continent)
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
127 x 101 mm. A view from the same location as the preceding plate showing the guard of honour firing a feu-de-joie after the flag has been fully raised.
127 x 101 mm. Showing the Court House decorated with flags and bunting and a message reading 'God Bless Our King and Queen'.
127 x 101 mm. Showing a procession crossing the Haulover Creek bridge, presumably at some time during the Coronation celebrations of 1911.
152 x 102 mm. Showing Mr Stuart (written in ink on print) standing at the centre of a group of Honduran estate labourers. Mr Stuart wears a gun and holster while some of the workers carry implements indicative of their crafts - saws, hammers, scythes and axes. The caption was probably written by an assistant of Avery's with an unsure command of English (the rather unformed handwriting strengthens this supposition).
152 x 101 mm. Showing a herd of fenced cattle with jungle in the background and mounted ranch hands in the foreground.
152 x 102 mm. Showing cattle and horses grazing on cleared land. Written in ink on the front of the print is 'Note the Cahoun palms' of which several specimens are visible.
152 x 101 mm. Showing bullock teams dragging carts loaded with mahogany trunks under the charge of the Honduran estate workers.
A collection of prints measuring approximately 125 x 100 mm. (Six of the photographs are postcards by Avery measuring approximately 135 x 85 mm). The prints are captioned on the reverse. The photographs, which show scenes in and around Belize City and Stann Creek (also known as Dangriga) as well as events during the coronation celebrations for George V in 1911, are sharply defined and of professional quality.
152 x 101 mm. Showing a wooden two-storey house with verandas on the estate, with horses and a bull in the foreground.
390 x 80 mm. A roughly joined panorama of the south side of Belize City consisting of three prints. The view extends to the harbour frontage at the left of the picture and shows a small part of the north side of the city at the right. In the centre of the picture can be seen the original Court House and the Presbyterian Church.