Reference Code: GBR/0180/RGO 8/4
Scope and Contents
Correspondence concerning the removal of the Royal Observatory to Herstmonceux and the proposed new sites, including estimates for the cost of building and re-erecting the telescopes on the new site; minutes of the proceedings of the Board of Visitors of the Royal Observatory, 2 June 1945; a report on the new site by the Board of Visitors; details of inspections of proposed sites; meteorological reports; and correspondence with the Southern Railway Company.
1938 - 1946
Conditions Governing Access:
From the Management Group:
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).