Subject Source: Local sources
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Correspondence on the Observatory and Herstmonceux, 1934 - 1957
Reference Code: GBR/0180/RGO 9/1
Scope and Contents Correspondence and some related papers regarding the general administration of the approaches, grounds and interior of Herstmonceux Castle; the removal of the Royal Observatory from Greenwich to Herstmonceux; and the history of the Royal Observatory and Herstmonceux Castle. The papers include the following items:Letter from G. Jones to R. Woolley concerning the gift of his painting of the old buildings at Greenwich, 1956.Correspondence regarding the pair of swans for the lake...
Dates: 1934 - 1957
Conditions Governing Access: From the Management Group: Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).