Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Deeds of property in Barnwell, Coton and Trumpington, Cambridgeshire, part of 'The University Lands', 1555 - 1703
'The University Lands' was the name given to the bequest to the University of Nigel de Thornton, c.1270, which also included land in the centre of Cambridge on which the Schools buildings were erected. The Chaplain collected rents from these lands as part of his duties and stipend. With the abolition of the office of Chaplain in 1568, the duty of rent collecting fell first to the Bailiff and then to the Bedells.