Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
'Tables of the succession of the emperors, kings, princes, dukes, counts, electors, etc. of Europe, with the armorial bearings used by each', manuscript and printed notes and coats of arms. There is an index at the front of each volume.
Families included are: Deynes, Wingfield, Bacon, Dade, Naunton, Broke, Style, Bloys, Revet, Hammond. In the hand of Matthias Candler.
'Visitation of Cambridgeshire taken by Henry St George, Richmond Heralde of Armes Anno Dom. 1619', a copy of the heraldic visitation, containing coats of arms in pen-and-ink, 96 folios. There is an index on folios 4-5. Inside the front cover is the bookplate of George, Earl Macartney.
Arms of British, Roman, Saxon, Danish, Norman English and British Kings, nobility and gentry.
Genealogical memoranda in Beltz's and other hands, 36 folios. On the flyleaf at the end are 'Ornaments of majesty' in a sixteenth century hand. Inside the front cover are the bookplates of Frederick Arthur Crisp and Ralph Griffin.
Drawings by R Cook, Garter King at Arms, and E Walker, Clarenceux King at Arms.
Includes a narrative form of the visitation of 1584-5 with additions of some families up to 1626, pedigrees, charters and arms of towns, cities and religious houses.
A collection of heraldic questions, memoranda, precedents, accounts of fees and other papers compiled by Henry Hill and written in his hand, 156 folios. The volume includes a copy of a letter from S. Martin Leake to [Francis] Hutcheson, 20 December 1733 (fo. 37), and an account of the coronation of King George II (fo. 88).
'Leges sive Statuta Cantabrigiensis Academiae', statutes of Cambridge University of 1570, 21 folios. On fo. iv is a blazon of the arms of Thomas Howard, Earl of Suffolk, who was the university's chancellor, 1614-1626. On fo. 1 is an initial E. emblazoned with the royal arms.
- Subject: Heraldry X
- Cambridgeshire 2
- Coats of arms 2
- Genealogy 2
- Pedigrees 2
- Aristocracy 1
- Beltz, George Frederick, 1777-1841 (genealogist and herald) 1
- Candler, Matthias, 1605-1663 (topographer and Church of England clergyman) 1
- Cole, William, 1714-1782 (antiquary) 1
- George, Sir Henry St, 1581-1644 (Knight, herald) 1
- Guidarello, Camillo, fl 1589 1
- Hill, Henry, fl 1770 1
- Hutcheson, Francis, 1694-1746 (moral philosopher) 1
- Leake, Stephen Martin, 1702-1773 (herald and numismatist) 1
- Macartney, George, 1737-1806 (Earl Macartney, diplomatist and colonial governor) 1
- Morant, Alfred William, 1828-1881 (engineer and surveyor) 1
- Paston, Robert, 1631-1683 (1st earl of Yarmouth, politician) 1
- Sandford, Francis, 1630-1694 (herald and genealogist) 1
- University of Cambridge 1 ∧ less
The UK Archival Thesaurus has been integrated with our catalogue, thanks to Kings College London and the AIM25 project for their support with this.