Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 35
Audio tapes and typescript summaries of interviews with architects, engineers and other people who worked with or knew Ove Arup.
The papers include many items relating to Inglis's interest in the theory and practice of bridge-building, including his correspondence with Lt-Col. A.G. Gadd, RE, regarding the hasty development of the Inglis Portable Military Bridge in the face of pressing Army demands during 1940-1941. There are working notes and technical papers, as well as drafts of a number of after-dinner and speech-day orations, which provide an insight into Inglis's leisure interests.
Photographs, press cuttings and promotional material on the work of Dracone Developments Limited, with an album on the National Research Development Corporation's Mechanical Engineering Group.
Papers and photographs mainly relating to Bank's career in aviation.
This collection comprises papers concerned with the preparation of Agar’s book "The History of European Commercial Electron Microscopes"; historical micrographs recorded on early instruments; and catalogues/reprints of information on electron microscopes.
Papers and photographs, mainly relating to Colquhoun's work as resident engineer during the construction of the Mersey Road Tunnel, Liverpool, also with a report on his work for the Channel Tunnel and on other engineering projects.
The collection provides comprehensive documentation of Bacon's role in fuel cell research and development. It includes biographical material, papers on research and development, lectures and publications, patents, visits and conferences and correspondence.
These papers fall into three sections. Firstly there are the memoranda, calculations and diagrams relating to work for Frank Whittle. Secondly, there are papers from the experiments carried out on the Shell rocket. Finally, there is the typescript of a lecture by Gollin on the development of the shell rocket.
Papers comprising official reports, articles, lectures, correspondence and press cuttings
The collection includes Smith's files on individual aircraft including the Airbus; plans and technical drawings and correspondence relating to the aircraft industry and aircraft design.
This collection includes copies of Seddon's scientific publications; technical drawings and plans of aircraft; and papers relating to his work at the Royal Aircraft Establishment and notes for the lectures on aerodynamics and design he delivered at Bristol University.
The papers are entirely concerned with projects during Hasted's appointment as the first Controller of Development for the ruler of Kuwait.
The collection includes: research and teaching materials relating to Kelly's work on materials science (including articles, lecture notes and research files); material on consultancy work for Rolls Royce and ICI among others; papers on travel and personal interests such as sailing; and material relating to the University of Surrey and Churchill College.
In addition to reprints of most of Preston's published scientific papers the collection consists principally of manuscript working papers either for research projects, articles or lectures throughout his career.
The papers chiefly consist of a series of lectures and papers on marine engineering written by Maclean after the Second World War, also including a small number of pocket diaries and some biographical material.
The material at Churchill Archives Centre comprises a complete run of Probert's official correspondence and also associated papers and publications.
The papers comprise research notes on aircraft, rockets and hovercraft; diaries; correspondence; articles; lecture notes; photographs; and press cuttings.
The papers include: account of Oatley's wartime work in the development of radar; papers and correspondence on the development of the Scanning Electron Microscope at the University of Cambridge Engineering Department; papers on Oatley's development of the Electrical Sciences Tripos at Cambridge.
This collection consists mainly of material relating to the development of radar and Eastwood's other scientific work and interests, covering radar, ornithology and defence issues. There are copies of his published works as well as many working papers. There are also personal papers including photographs and diaries plus audio-visual material used by Eastwood for lectures is also included.
The collection held at Churchill Archives Centre includes biographical material; research and development; publications; lectures and broadcasts; vists and conferences; societies and organisations; correspondence and non-textual material.
- Subject: Engineering X
- Churchill Archives Centre 31
- Cambridge University Library 3
- Peterhouse (Ward) Library 1
- ARCHON code (for CUL materials)
- Archives and MSS Dept. (GBR/0012) 3
- Engineering 30
- Aircraft 5
- Science 5
- Aerodynamics 3
- Civil engineering 3
- Physics 3
- Architecture 2
- Bridges 2
- Government 2
- Military science 2
- Politics 2
- Railway engineering 2
- Transport 2
- Aeroplanes 1
- Afghanistan 1
- Agriculture 1
- Air warfare 1
- Armed forces 1
- Army 1
- Banking 1
- British thomson-houston company 1
- Building construction 1
- Buildings 1
- Canals 1
- China 1
- Civil aviation 1
- Diplomacy 1
- Economic policy 1
- Economic systems 1
- Economics 1
- Education 1
- Electricity 1
- Energy policy 1
- Finance 1
- Fuels 1
- Government policy 1
- Health 1
- Homicide 1
- Hong Kong 1
- Hunger 1
- India 1
- Industrial development 1
- Industrial policy 1
- Ireland 1
- Journalism 1
- Kuwait 1
- Marine engineering 1
- Materials engineering 1
- Mathematics 1
- Mechanical engineering 1
- Naval personnel 1
- Ornithology 1
- Photographs 1
- Power jets ltd 1
- Prisons 1
- Radar 1
- Railway transport 1
- Religious conflicts 1
- Scotland 1
- Second World War (1939-1945) 1
- Taxation 1
- Telex 1
- Thermodynamics 1
- Trade 1
- Turbines 1
- War 1
- Weapons 1 ∧ less
- English 34
- Multiple languages 1
- Whittle, Frank, Sir, 1907 - 1996 (Knight, Air Commodore, aeronautical engineer) 5
- Arup, Ove Nyquist, Sir, 1895 - 1988 (Knight, consulting engineer) 2
- Agar, Alan Wawn, 1920 (physicist) 1
- Airy, William, 1836-1925 (civil engineer) 1
- Allibone, Thomas Edward, 1903 - 2003 (physicist) 1
- Bacon, Francis Thomas, 1904 - 1992 (engineer and fuel cell pioneer) 1
- Bailly, Louis Edward Stewart Holland Le, Sir, 1915 (Knight and Vice-Admiral) 1
- Baker, John Fleetwood, 1901 - 1985 (Baron Baker of Windrush, scientist and Professor of Mechanical Sciences) 1
- Banks, Francis Rodwell, 1898 - 1985 (Air Commodore) 1
- Bourke, Richard Southwell, 1822-1872 (6th Earl of Mayo and Viceroy of India) 1
- Bray, Jeremy William, 1930 - 2002 (politician, mathematician) 1
- Churchill College 1
- Clausen, Hugh, 1888 - 1972 (engineer) 1
- Colquhoun, Cecil Brian Hugh, 1902 - 1977 (engineer) 1
- Corfield, Frederick Vernon, Sir, 1915 - 2005 (Knight, politician) 1
- Dracone Developments Limited 1
- Durand, Sir Henry Marion, 1812-1871 (Knight, Lieutenant Governor of the Punjab) 1
- Eastwood, Eric, Sir, 1910 - 1981 (Knight, engineer) 1
- Edinburgh, Alfred Ernest Albert, 1844-1900 (Prince, Duke of Edinburgh) 1
- Farren, William Scott, Sir, 1892 - 1970 (Knight, aeronautical engineer) 1
- Gollin, Geoffrey Joseph, 1901 - 1992 (physicist, engineer) 1
- Hasted, William Freke, 1897 - 1977 (Major General) 1
- Hawthorne, William Rede, Sir, 1913 - 2011 (Knight, Professor of Applied Thermodynamics) 1
- Hooker, Stanley George, Sir, 1907 - 1984 (Knight, engineer) 1
- Inglis, Sir Charles Edward, 1875-1952 (Knight, engineer) 1
- Jones, Richard Stanton (1926-1991, engineer) 1
- Jones, Sydney, 1911 - 1990 (engineer) 1
- Kelly, Anthony, 1929 - 2014 (materials scientist, Vice-Chancellor of Surrey University) 1
- Labour Party 1
- Maclean, Iain Gilleasbuig, 1902 - 1988 (of Pennycross, Rear-Admiral) 1
- Oatley, Charles William, Sir, 1904 - 1996 (Knight, engineer) 1
- Ove Arup & Partners 1
- Pollen, Arthur Joseph Hungerford, 1866 - 1937 (inventor) 1
- Preston, Joseph Henry, 1911 - 1985 (Professor of Fluid Mechanics) 1
- Probert, Rhys Price, 1921 - 1980 (aeronautical engineer) 1
- Royal Air Force 1
- Seddon, John, 1915 - 1991 (aeronautical engineer) 1
- Smith, J Philip, 1915 - 1995 (aeronautical engineer) 1
- Sporborg, Henry Nathan, 1877 - 1965 (Chief Engineer and Senior Director of the British Thomson-Houston Company) 1
- University of Cambridge 1
- University of Cambridge. Department of Engineering 1
- University of Surrey 1
- Wilson, William Lawrence, 1912 - 1993 (engineer) 1 ∧ less