Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 28
The papers consist of original artwork for editions of 'Meet My Folks', 'How the Whale Became' and 'The Iron Man'. There is also a small quantity of correspondence received by Adamson from Ted Hughes regarding illustrations for Hughes's books.
The collection consists of original manuscript material by Ted Hughes, printed editions of his poetry, photographs of Hughes, objects related to him and research into his work and legacy. This collection brings together a number of very small accessions held by Pembroke College Archive.
The papers consist of material collected by Olwyn Hughes, mainly during the period she acted as literary agent for her brother Ted Hughes. Papers include copies of early appearances of many of Ted Hughes's and Sylvia Plath's poems and essays in literary magazines and newspapers and many newspaper cuttings relating to the work and lives of Ted Hughes, Sylvia Plath and their children. The collection contains no original manuscript material by Ted Hughes or Sylvia Plath.
The collection consists primarily of correspondence from William Pitt to friends and colleagues. Although there is some further contemporary material in the form of published writings by Pitt, the other significant part of the collection is posthumous and concerns commemorations of Pitt at Pembroke College.
The majority of the collection is made up of a series of addresses sent to Stokes upon the occasion of his Jubilee as Lucasian Professor of Mathematics.
The papers consist of 9 small field notebooks belonging to Wace dating from the early 1900s, papers relating to his academic career, and copies of some of his publications, principally offprints from journals.
The collection consists of original illustrations for books printed by the Golden Cockerel Press [an English fine press operating between 1920 and 1961].
- Repository: Pembroke College Library X
- Art 1
- Artists 1
- Austria 1
- Belgium 1
- France 1
- Latin 7
- French 6
- German 5
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453) 5
- Arabic 3
- Dutch; Flemish 3
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 3
- Russian 3
- Hebrew 2
- Italian 2
- Japanese 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Irish 1
- Malay 1
- Persian 1
- Romanian; Moldavian; Moldovan 1
- Sinhala; Sinhalese 1
- Swedish 1 ∧ less
- Gray, Thomas, 1716-1771 (poet and literary scholar) 2
- Hughes, Edward James, 1930-1998 (Poet Laureate) 2
- Alvarez, Alfred, 1929-2019 (author) 1
- Andrewes, Lancelot, 1555-1626 (bishop of Winchester) 1
- Andrews, Charles Freer, 1871- 1940 (priest) 1
- Gandhi, Mohandas Karamchand, 1869-1948 (political leader and religious and social reformer) 1
- Heaney, Seamus Justin, 1939-2013 (poet, playright and translator) 1
- Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784 (author and lexicographer) 1
- Minns, Sir Ellis Hovell, 1874-1953 (Knight, archaeologist, orientalist and linguist) 1
- Pitt, William, 1759-1806 (Prime Minister) 1
- Plath, Sylvia, 1932-1963 (afterwards Hughes, poet and novelist) 1
- Stokes, George Gabriel, Sir, 1819 - 1903 (1st Baronet, physicist) 1
- Wace, Alan John Bayard, 1879-1957 (archaeologist) 1 ∧ less