Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
A collection of short, humorous stories concerning Cambridge, made by Sandars from a variety of sources, printed and otherwise. The source is usually given. A few printed extracts are pasted in. Inside the front cover is Sandars' bookplate.
Francis John Henry Jenkinson (1853-1923), Librarian to the University of Cambridge 1889-1923: correspondence concerning the Sandars Readership in Bibliography
Samuel Sandars: Transcribed extracts from British Library manuscripts concerning the town and University of Cambridge
Transcripts of notes compiled by Thomas Tanner, bishop of St Asaph, concerning books in the University Library, Cambridge (early 18th cent.).
Receipted bills and correspondence from booksellers to Sandars
Transcripts made from William Cole's manuscripts at the British Library concerning Cambridgeshire churches
Includes copy of Cambridgeshire entries in Domesday Book, copied from BL Harley MS 6016, 1869. Includes: transcripts re St Mary's Chruch and St Andrew's Church, Burwell, and the parish churches of Soham, Isleham, Swavesey, and Over.
- Names: Sandars, Samuel, 1837-1894 (bibliographer and barrister) X
- Cambridge 2
- Cambridgeshire 1
- Churches 1
- English civil wars (1642-1651) 1
- Humour 1
- Cambridge University Library 1
- Cole, William, 1714-1782 (antiquary) 1
- Duff, Edward Gordon, 1863-1924 (bibliographer) 1
- James, Montague Rhodes, 1862-1936 (biblical scholar, antiquary and palaeographer) 1
- Jenkinson, Francis John Henry, 1853-1923 (librarian) 1