Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Correspondence and papers on the education and early career of Charles Ryle Fay (1884-1961), economic historian.
The letters and papers catalogued below were preserved by C. R. Fay's father, who pasted them into an unused copy of Smith's commercial scribbling diary for 1902; Mr Fay adopted a generally chronological arrangement, but does not seem to have felt himself to be bound strictly by this. Many of the documents are addressed to the elder Fay, and the collection can be regarded as being as much the papers of the father as of the son.
Papers of John Neville Keynes, including one item by Mary Keynes.
254 items, including a few drafts of Keynes's replies. Most of the letters are from 1891-1906, and there are none for 1913-1915. The great majority are from Cambridge correspondents, and relate to University affairs, but there are also a few family letters.
- Names: Keynes, John Neville, 1852-1949 (logician, economist and university administrator) X
- Bonar, James, 1852-1941 (civil servant and economist) 1
- Brooke, Alan England, 1863-1939 (biblical scholar and college head) 1
- Browning, Oscar, 1837-1923 (historian and educational reformer) 1
- Bury, John Bagnell, 1861-1927 (classical scholar and historian) 1
- Chavasse, Francis James, 1846-1928 (bishop of Liverpool) 1
- Dickinson, Goldsworthy Lowes, 1862-1932 (humanist, historian and philosopher) 1
- Fay, Charles Ryle, 1884-1961 (economic historian) 1
- Hartog, Sir Philip Joseph, 1864-1947 (Knight, educationalist) 1
- James, Montague Rhodes, 1862-1936 (biblical scholar, antiquary and palaeographer) 1
- Jones, Emily Elizabeth Constance, 1848-1922 (philosopher and college head) 1
- Keynes, Florence Ada, 1861-1958 (née Brown, social and political activist) 1
- King's College, Cambridge 1
- Macaulay, William Herrick, 1853-1936 (mathematician) 1
- Mackinder, Sir Halford John, 1861-1947 (Knight, geographer and politician) 1
- Merchant Taylors' School, Crosby 1
- Pigou, Arthur Cecil, 1877-1959 (economist) 1
- Reeves, William Pember, 1857-1932 (journalist, politician and economist) 1
- Roberts, Ernest Stewart, 1847-1912 (classicist, academic administrator and college head) 1
- Stratford, Esmé Cecil Wingfield-, 1882-1971 (historian) 1
- University of Cambridge 1 ∧ less
The UK Archival Thesaurus has been integrated with our catalogue, thanks to Kings College London and the AIM25 project for their support with this.