Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The principal part of the collection is a set of programmes and guides prepared for the different legs of the Royal Tour. These are supplemented by related correspondence and papers compiled by the Royal Empire Society and others. The collection is in English with the exception of one item in English and Arabic.
Film footage of the visit of King George VI, Queen Elizabeth and Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret to the Union of South Africa during February-April 1947
Two 8 mm cine films (without sound) entitled Royal Tour of South Africa, part 1 no.82005 and Royal Tour of South Africa, part 2 no. 82006. Film type: Cine Kodagraph Eight.
Photocopies of articles regarding the Royal Tour of 1947 taken from editions of four South African newspapers.
Editions of four newspapers containing articles on the Royal Visit.
- Names: Elizabeth, II, 1926 (Queen of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) X
- South Africa (nation) 2
- Adan (governate) 1
- Adan (inhabited place) 1
- Asia (continent) 1
- Australia (nation) 1
- Bermuda (dependent state) 1
- Cocos Islands (dependent state) 1
- Darnah (province) 1
- Europe (continent) 1
- Fiji (nation) 1
- Gibraltar (dependent state) 1
- Jamaica (nation) 1
- Libya (nation) 1
- Malta (island) 1
- Malta (nation) 1
- New Zealand (nation) 1
- Nigeria (nation) 1
- North and Central America (continent) 1
- Oceania (continent) 1
- Panama (nation) 1
- South Yemen (region) 1
- Sri Lanka (nation) 1
- Tonga (nation) 1
- Tubruq (inhabited place) 1
- Uganda (nation) 1
- Yemen (nation) 1 ∧ less
- Arabic 1
- Elizabeth, 1900 - 2002 (née Bowes-Lyon, Queen Consort of George VI) 2
- George, VI, 1895 - 1952 (King of Great Britain and Ireland) 2
- Margaret, Rose, 1930 - 2002 (Princess, daughter of George VI) 2
- Philip, b, 1921 (Duke of Edinburgh, consort of Queen Elizabeth II) 2
The UK Archival Thesaurus has been integrated with our catalogue, thanks to Kings College London and the AIM25 project for their support with this.