Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Extracts from the statutes of the University of Cambridge: (fo. 1) Elizabethan statutes; (fo. 41) Royal letters of Kings James I, Charles I and Charles II to the University; (fo. 57) further statutes and decrees covering the same period. Inside the front cover are the names 'Mr. Bright, 36 Cadogan Place' and Lilley and Britnell. There are also various numbers of sale catalogues.
'Instructions given by our late Sovereign Lord King Charles the First to...John Earle of Bridgewater Lord President of the Councell...signed by his Ma[jes]tie at Theobalds the 12th day of May in the ninth yeare of his Ma[jes]ties reigne', 72 numbered pages. The volume has the bookplate of the Duke of Beaufort, 1705.
- Names: Charles, I, 1600-1649 (King of England, Scotland, and Ireland) X
- Cambridge 1
- Statutes 1
- James, I, 1566-1625 (King of Great Britain and Ireland) 2
- Laud, William, 1573-1645 (Archbishop of Canterbury) 2
- University of Cambridge 2
- Bodley, Sir Thomas, 1545-1613 (knight, scholar, diplomat, and founder of the Bodleian Library, Oxford) 1
- Branthwaite, John, 1643-1695 (curate of Grasmere and Rector of Harrington) 1
- Cecil, William, 1591-1668 (2nd Earl of Salisbury) 1
- Charles, II, 1630-1685 (King of Great Britain and Ireland) 1
- Coke, Sir John, 1563-1644 (Knight and politician) 1
- Cottington, Francis, ? 1579-1652 (1st Baron Cottington, diplomat and politician) 1
- Creighton, Robert, 1593-1672 (Bishop) 1
- Egerton, John, 1579-1649 (1st Earl of Bridgewater, politician and lawyer) 1
- Elizabeth, I, 1533-1603 (Queen of England and Ireland) 1
- Harsnett, Samuel, ? 1561-1631 (Archbishop of York) 1
- Neile, Richard, 1562-1640 (Archbishop of York) 1
- Russell, Francis, ? 1526-1585 (2nd earl of Bedford, magnate) 1
- Waad, Armagil, ? 1510-1568 (government official) 1
- Windebank, Sir Francis, ? 1582-1646 (Knight, politician) 1 ∧ less
The UK Archival Thesaurus has been integrated with our catalogue, thanks to Kings College London and the AIM25 project for their support with this.