Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
'A letter to the members of the Senate on the Management of Cambridge Press during the Three Periods 1822 to 1829, 1830 to 1842, 1843 to 1850'
Includes notes and graphs representing numbers of Bibles printed.
Typescript anthology of poems published by Cambridge University Press Fear no more. A book of poems for the present time by living English poets (Cambridge, 1940) Contributions by Siegfried Sassoon, Stephen Spender, C.S. Lewis, Walter de la Mare. Printer's T/S, with MS corrections, as incorporated into 1st edition text. With offprint of printed titlepage and introduction. From the Walter de la Mare collection bequeathed by Phyllis T.M. Davies, 1998.
Almost all these papers come from Peters's years at Cambridge University Press, with just a few examples of his earlier work for the Arts Council (1946-1949) and of his other activities including printing at the Vine Press, typeface design for the Monotype Corporation, letter-cutting, and calligraphy.
- Names: Cambridge University Press X
- Printers 1
- Printing 1
- Bashforth, Francis, 1819-1912 (mathematician) 1
- Bridges, Elizabeth, 1887-1997 (English poet) 1
- Bridges, Robert Seymour, 1844-1930 (Poet Laureate) 1
- Daryush, Elizabeth, 1887-1977 (poet) 1
- Jenkinson, Francis John Henry, 1853-1923 (librarian) 1
- Monotype Corporation Ltd 1
- Peters, John, 1917-1989 (book designer and printer) 1
- Vine Press 1 ∧ less