Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Papers relating to Cockcroft, particularly his research work and correspondence with the Cavendish Laboratory, and lectures by and concerning him.
This is a small collection covering aspects of Lawson’s professional career as a physicist in government laboratories from immediately after the Second World War to his death.
Papers comprising working files from the Atomic Energy Research Establishment, at Harwell
Papers comprising laboratory notebooks, articles, lectures, correspondence and photographs.
Also includes records of the Kapitza Club, 1922-58 and 1966, and copy papers of the Maud Committee, 1940-1.
With offprints of papers by Ernest Rutherford, 1872-1913.
Papers relating to research in radar, atomic energy and guided weapons
- Names: Atomic Energy Research Establishment, Harwell X
- Nuclear energy 2
- Nuclear physics 2
- Physics 2
- Nuclear bomb 1
- Nuclear disarmament 1
- Cockcroft, John Douglas, Sir, 1897 - 1967 (Knight, nuclear physicist and first Master of Churchill College) 2
- Cockburn, Robert, Sir, 1909 - 1994 (Knight, physicist) 1
- Lawson, John David, 1923 - 2008 (nuclear physicist) 1
- Schonland, Basil Ferdinand Jamieson, Sir, 1896 - 1972 (Knight, physicist) 1
- United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority 1
The UK Archival Thesaurus has been integrated with our catalogue, thanks to Kings College London and the AIM25 project for their support with this.