Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
The archive contains photographs, postcards, and notes from the Soviet Union, Herbert Clinch's own articles on the trip, with additional ephemeral material such as money, cigarettes, and posters advertising Clinch's talk on his trip and his candidature for local elections.
Notes and correspondence of John Holroyd-Doveton relating to research for his book 'Maxim Litvinov: a biography' (Newton Abbot: Woodlands, [2013?]), including correspondence with and recollections by Litvinov's daughter Tanya Litvinov.
Includes: Lunghi's wartime papers from the British Military Mission to Moscow and the "Big Three" wartime conferences, including files and a book found by Lunghi in the Reich Chancellery and Hitler's bunker; photographs and other papers from Lunghi's time at the British Embassy in Moscow.
Includes: typescripts of Alliluyeva's later memoirs; letters to her friend Jane, Lady Renfrew; a memoir by Lady Renfrew of Alliluyeva's years in Cambridge.
The collection comprises the redacted and edited typescript copies of Mitrokhin's original manuscript notes of documents from the KGB archive. All documents are in Russian.
- Subject: Soviet Union X
- Churchill Archives Centre 4
- Cambridge University Library 2
- ARCHON code (for CUL materials)
- Archives and MSS Dept. (GBR/0012) 2
- Communism 1
- Diplomacy 1
- East West relations 1
- Intelligence 1
- International tensions 1
- Travel abroad 1 ∧ less
- English 5
- Russian 1
- Mitrokhin, Vasiliy, 1922 - 2004 (Archivist, First Chief Directorate (foreign intelligence), KGB) 2
- Alliluyeva, Svetlana Iosifovna, 1926 - 2011 (afterwards Lana Peters, daughter of Joseph Stalin) 1
- Clinch, Herbert, ? 1899-1978 (magistrate and trade unionist) 1
- Litvinov, Ivy, 1889-1977 (promoter of English in Russia) 1
- Lunghi, Hugh, 1920 - 2014 (interpreter) 1