Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Book of Psalms in shorthand, with a note at the front identifying the owner as John Chantlor.
Minute book, written in various hands, 199 folios. Attached to a flyleaf at the beginning is a letter from S.R. Smith to A.F. Scholfield, University Librarian, 10 October 1934.
Consists of slips numbered 1-44 and pasted into the volume, 36 folios. The slips are preceded by a letter from Tilley to the Librarian, A.F. Scholfield, 19 April 1933.
Includes correspondence, sermons, lectures, articles and other miscellaneous papers.
Attributed to 'the late Joseph Fawcett'.
Written in an early nineteenth century hand, and possibly a translation, 182 folios. Fos i, xi, 169, and the verso throughout are blank.
Translation of the printed edition of Horae ad usum Sarum (F. Regnault, Paris, 1526). The translation was intended for publication. Most of the text is copied, the text and translation appearing on alternate leaves. A letter from K.V. Evelyn-White is attached to the flyleaf. The verso is blank throughout. Each volume has 518 folios.
A linguistic exposition upon 'Sixteen Hebrew Texts', 1759, and 'Illustration of the Decalogue', 1762, with a copy by Prettejohn of Matthias Wasmuth, 'Explicatio duplicis Accentuationis Decalogicae' (apparently an embellished extract from the Vindiciae S. Hebraeae Scripturae, Rostock, 1664).
Notebooks and loose papers created and accumulated by the companies and committees engaged in the revision of the English Bible. The papers are mainly in English, with small amounts of French and Ancient Greek.
Poems, songs, verse, stories, historical notes, mainly concerning Ireland and of Irish origin.
Incomplete treatise on the sacraments, beginning 'To prove the Reall presence of Christs body'.
- Subject: Religion X
- Bible 4
- Theology 4
- History 3
- Poetry 3
- Politics 3
- Counter-reformation 2
- Education 2
- France 2
- Germany 2
- Quakers 2
- Reformation 2
- Sacraments 2
- Sermons 2
- War 2
- Apocryphal books 1
- Belgium 1
- Bibliographies 1
- Business 1
- Cambridge 1
- Catholicism 1
- Church 1
- Church administration 1
- Church of England 1
- Classical literature 1
- Deans (ecclesiastical) 1
- Devotional literature 1
- Ethics 1
- Indians 1
- Ipswich 1
- Ireland 1
- Irish literature 1
- Italy 1
- Lectures (teaching method) 1
- Magazines 1
- Mathematics 1
- Preaching 1
- Quakerism 1
- Religious belief 1
- Religious beliefs 1
- Religious doctrines 1
- Revolutions 1
- Rome 1
- Slavery 1
- Slaves 1
- Suffolk 1
- Travel 1
- Travel abroad 1
- Unitarianism 1
- Venice 1 ∧ less
- Acton, John Emerich Edward Dalberg, 1834-1902 (1st Baron Acton and historian) 2
- University of Cambridge 2
- Acton, Sir John Francis Edward, 1736-1811 (Knight, 6th Baronet and Prime Minister of Naples) 1
- Allen, William, 1770-1843 (philanthropist and scientist) 1
- Bowers, George Hull, 1794-1872 (Founder of Marlborough College and Dean of Manchester) 1
- Burrough, Edward, 1633-1663 (Quaker activist and writer) 1
- Cambridge University Prayer Union (1848-1934) 1
- Charles, II, 1630-1685 (King of Great Britain and Ireland) 1
- Clayton, Sarah, 1712-1779 (property developer and industrialist) 1
- Cowell, Edward Byles, 1826-1903 (orientalist) 1
- Creighton, Mandell, 1843-1901 (Bishop) 1
- Döllinger, Johann Joseph Ignaz von (1799-1890) historian and theologian 1
- Ellicott, Charles John, 1819-1905 (Bishop of Gloucester) 1
- English Bible revision companies and committees 1
- Evans, Marian, 1819-1880 (novelist, pseudonym George Eliot) 1
- Fawcett, Joseph, ? 1758-1804 (Presbyterian minister and poet) 1
- Frend, William, 1757-1841 (unitarian reformer and scientific writer) 1
- Gibbins, Joseph, 1756-1811 (buttonmaker and banker) 1
- Gower, Granville George Leveson-, 1815-1891 (2nd Earl Granville, statesman) 1
- Hall, David, 1683-1756 (schoolmaster and Quaker minister) 1
- Hort, Fenton John Anthony, 1828-1892 (biblical scholar and theologian) 1
- Lasaulx, Ernst von, 1805-1861 (German classicist and philosopher) 1
- Ludford, John, fl 1739 1
- Marlborough School 1
- Newman, John Henry, 1801-1890 (Cardinal) 1
- O'Grady, Standish Hayes, 1832-1915 (antiquarian) 1
- Penn, William, 1644-1718 (Quaker Founder of Pennsylvania) 1
- Prettejohn, John, fl 1760 1
- Servetus, Michael, 1511-1553 (lawyer and philosopher) 1
- Society of Friends 1
- Tilley, Arthur Augustus, 1851-1942 (historian and literary scholar) 1
- University of Oxford 1
- White, Hugh Gerard Evelyn-, 1884-1924 (scholar) 1
- Wright, William Aldis, 1831-1914 (literary and biblical scholar) 1 ∧ less
The UK Archival Thesaurus has been integrated with our catalogue, thanks to Kings College London and the AIM25 project for their support with this.