Showing Collections: 1 - 23 of 23
Alice Ambrose Lazerowitz: papers
Material relating to the work of Prof. G.E. Moore and Dr. Ludwig Wittgenstein, including notes taken during their lectures and notes on Wittgenstein's 'Blue' and 'Brown' books.
Arthur Bernard Cook: Notebooks and Theocritus Material
Early notebooks, notes for Cook's lectures, and material relating to Theocritus.
Braithwaite: The Papers of Richard Bevan Braithwaite
The collection includes manuscripts and typescripts of notes and lectures, an album of cuttings of early published articles, typescript pieces, and some letters received from journal editors.
Burnyeat: The Papers of Myles Frederic Burnyeat (1939-2019), scholar of ancient philosophy
Disputationes de Anima and other writings
Contains 179 folios: a series of 32 philosophical disputations, nos 1-25 on the soul (fos 4-133) and nos 26-32 on Aristotle's Metaphysics (fos 134-167). On fos 169-173 is an analytical table of the series, imperfect at the end. Attached to fo. 178 is a broadside, Assertiones ex universa philosophia decerptae, by John Ducket (Lagos, 1655).
Dorothy and George Edward Moore: letters received by them and other family members, and photographs
Edmund Leigh: Commonplace book
Contains notes and extracts on philosophy, astronomy, natural history and medicine. fo. 2: 'Edmundus Lëus 1607'.
Emil Heitz : Index verborum in Aristotelem
In Latin and Greek.
George Edward Moore: Correspondence and Papers
MS.Add.8875 is comprised of Moore's philosophical papers, and now forms sections 10-16. It includes contemporary notes of Wittgenstein's lectures, the autographs of his 1899 London lectures, and papers for the Moral Sciences Club.
George Edward Moore: Personal Papers and Correspondence
MS.Add.8330 contains Moore's personal and family papers, and his correspondence (sections 1-9), as well as books from his library (section 17).
Henry Jackson: Lectures on the History of Greek Philosophy
Lectures on Greek philosophy delivered by Henry Jackson, Michaelmas term, 1873, 154 folios. The text is on the recto. On the verso are headings and references.
Isaac Newton letter to William Wright
John Whiteside: Philosophical Lectures
Lucattinis, Domenico de. Liber de elementis
Owen: The Papers of Gwilym Ellis Lane Owen (1922-1982), scholar of ancient philosophy
The papers range in date and content from undergraduate notes from the 1940s to complete drafts of unpublished manuscripts and working papers presented at seminars, up to Owen's death in 1982. Correspondence is minimal.
Partridge: The Papers of Frances Catherine Partridge
Ramsey: The Papers of Frank Plumpton Ramsey
The collection comprises originals and photocopies of personal and family papers, including correspondence with Lettice Ramsey (nee Baker) and her memoir of him, letters from Frank to his parents, his diaries, a paper he read to the Apostles, his parents' scrapbook about him, a [draft] letter from Frank to Ludwig Wittgenstein, a draft article, photographs mostly of Frank, and obituaries.
Richard Watson: Notes of lectures
184 folios. Includes: (fo. 2) title page; (fo. 2v) rough notes; (fo. 3) notes by Richard Watson of lectures given by Gerras Holmes on natural philosophy; (fo. 66) notes by Watson of lectures by Holmes on optics; (fo. 134) notes by Watson of lectures by Holmes on hydrostatics; (fo. 180v) 'Lectures read by Mr. Holmes of Emanuel College in Cambridge', 'Cambridge 31' and scribblings; (fo. 184) 'twells Pigott Pigott Burslem Twells'.
Samuel Butler: Unconscious Memory
Draft of Samuel Butler's Unconscious Memory, 397 folios.
School Classics Notebook
Southern Association of Ancient Philosophy, minute books
Records the minutes, attendees, and titles of papers given at meetings of the Southen Association for Ancient Philosophy. The majority of abstracts, and occasionally even entire texts, of papers given at meetings are included.
The Papers of Gabriele Rabel
- Subject: Philosophy X
- Cambridge University Library 16
- University of Cambridge: Faculty of Classics Archives 3
- Archive Centre, King's College, Cambridge 3
- Churchill Archives Centre 1
- ARCHON code (for CUL materials)
- Archives and MSS Dept. (GBR/0012) 16
- Philosophy 18
- Ancient philosophy 3
- Lectures 3
- Literature 2
- Natural philosophy 2
- Antiquities 1
- Archaeology 1
- Arts 1
- Astronomy 1
- Biology 1
- Bloomsbury, London 1
- Education 1
- Essays 1
- Ethics 1
- First World War (1914-1918) 1
- Geography 1
- Greece 1
- History 1
- Hydrostatics 1
- Italy 1
- Literary criticism 1
- Mechanics 1
- Medical sciences 1
- Memorization 1
- Natural history 1
- Optics 1
- Physics 1
- Platonism 1
- Romans 1
- Salamanca 1
- Science 1
- Second World War (1939-1945) 1
- Spilsby, Lincolnshire 1
- York, Yorkshire 1 ∧ less
- English 22
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453) 2
- Italian 2
- French 1
- Latin 1
- Moore, George Edward, 1873-1958 (philosopher) 4
- Aristotle, 384-322 BC (philosopher) 3
- Wittgenstein, Ludwig Josef Johann, 1889-1951 (philosopher) 2
- Braithwaite, Richard Bevan, 1900 - 1990 (philosopher) 1
- Butler, Samuel, 1835-1902 (writer and artist) 1
- Cook, Arthur Bernard, 1868-1952 (classical archaeologist) 1
- Flamsteed, John, 1646-1719 (astronomer) 1
- Giles, Peter, 1860-1935 (philologist) 1
- Hassall, Christopher Vernon, 1912-1963 (writer and librettist) 1
- Heitz, Johann Heinrich von Emil, 1825-1890 (philosopher) 1
- Holroyd, Sir Michael de Courcy Fraser, b 1935 (Knight, biographer) 1
- Jackson, Henry, 1839-1921 (classicist) 1
- Lazerowitz, Alice Ambrose, 1906-2001 (philosopher) 1
- Leigh, Edmund, fl 1607 1
- Lucattinis, Domenico de, fl 1670 1
- Moore, Dorothy Mildred, 1892-1977 (wife of George Edward Moore) 1
- Moore, Nicholas, 1918-1986 (poet) 1
- Moore, Timothy, 1922-2003 (composer) 1
- Newton, Sir Isaac, 1642-1727 (Knight, natural philosopher and mathematician) 1
- Partridge, Frances Catherine, 1900 - 2004 (writer and literary journalist) 1
- Partridge, Reginald Sherring, 1894 - 1960 (writer, known as Ralph) 1
- Rabel, Gabriele, 1880 - 1963 (physicist and biologist) 1
- Ramsey, Frank Plumpton, 1903 - 1930 (mathematician and philosopher) 1
- Ramsey, Lettice Cautley, 1898 - 1985 (née Baker, psychologist and photographer) 1
- Rouse, William Henry Denham, 1863-1950 (scholar and eduational reformer) 1
- Ryle, Gilbert, 1900-1976 (philosopher) 1
- University of Cambridge 1
- Watson, Richard, 1737-1816 (Bishop of Llandaff) 1
- Westminster School 1
- Whiteside, John, 1680-1729 (museum curator and experimental philosopher) 1
- Williams, Ralph Vaughan, 1872 - 1958 (composer) 1
- Williamson, Richard, fl 1826 (clergyman and headmaster) 1
- Woolf, Leonard Sidney, 1880-1969 (editor, author and colonial civil servant) 1 ∧ less