Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
A collection of loose prints. The prints are captioned on the reverse with credits to photographers:
1-16 J. Jackson.
17-18 Watts and Skeen.
A collection of albumen prints by F. Beato and others. The photographs include views connected with the Wuntho Sawbwa Campaign 1890-91, the Chin Lushai Expedition 1889-90 and a number of ethnographical studies. Most of the photographs have captions.
Collection of glass negatives and modern prints showing aspects of Christian missions in Burma as well as landscapes and people. The images are not captioned and the details have been derived from various published sources.
Charles Alexander Gordon, 'Our trip to Burmah [i.e. Myanmar], with notes on that country' (London, 1875)
Diaries of hunting expeditions in Burma, a letter regarding Williams' death and biographical notes about the Williams family. The papers are accompanied by correspondence between G.H. Williams and the R.C.S. Librarian regarding the gift of the collection, with a biographical note concerning Frederic Williams.
An album containing albumen prints (with three others loose). The prints are of various sizes and by various photographers. A number of the images are captioned, although some of these are hard to read. Captions enclosed in square brackets have been composed by the cataloguer.
A collection of loose prints by Frederic Thesiger Williams (? and others) arranged in four groups.
The album contains a mixture of original photographs, hand-coloured postcards and clippings. Most have manuscript or printed captions. Subjects include travel, hunting, scenes of natural beauty, natural products, and notable places or buildings.
- Subject: Myanmar (nation) X
- India (nation) 4
- Australia (nation) 2
- Chakrata (inhabited place) 2
- Maharashtra (state) 2
- Mandalay (division (national)) 2
- Maymyo (inhabited place) 2
- Oceania (continent) 2
- Pune (inhabited place) 2
- Sri Lanka (nation) 2
- Uttar Pradesh (state) 2
- Afghanistan (nation) 1
- Africa (continent) 1
- Architectural photography 1
- Borneo (island) 1
- Brunei (nation) 1
- Buddhism 1
- Buddhists 1
- Canada (nation) 1
- Egypt (nation) 1
- Landscape photography 1
- Malay Archipelago (general region) 1
- Malaysia (nation) 1
- Mandalay (inhabited place) 1
- New Zealand (nation) 1
- North and Central America (continent) 1
- Pakistan (nation) 1
- Religious festivals 1
- Singapore (inhabited place) 1
- Temples 1
- Thailand (nation) 1
- Victoria (state) 1 ∧ less
- Burmese 1
- Thai 1
- Copeland, A E, fl1917 - 1918 2
- Williams, Frederic Thesiger, 1861 - 1902 (Major) 2
- Fisher, Alfred Hugh, 1867 -1945 (artist and photographer) 1
- Gordon, Sir (Charles Alexander, 1820-1899, Knight) 1
- Graham, Robert Blackall, b. 1838 (Colonel) 1